The online application system is open and will close June 15, 2021 for the next intake, which is September 2021.
Applicants admitted into the Masters of Forensic Accounting Program will be admitted under the University's School of Graduate Studies admission requirements for a master's program which include:
- a four-year bachelor's degree from an approved university;
- a minimum of a mid-B standing (72.5% or 3.0 GPA) in their final undergraduate year (For Canadian universities, please visit the OLSAS Undergraduate Grading System Conversion Table to help guide you in determining whether you meet the minimum GPA requirements for our program)..
- Two years of relevant experience in accounting, business or law
- Two letters of recommendation
If you feel you meet these requirements then you should complete the on-line application. The MFAcc Program Admissions Committee only reviews completed application packages: upon submission of all required documents, including the application fee. Please note applicants need not wait until they have all required documents ready to open their online application file. To open the online application, only completing the application form and paying the application fee is required. Required documents can be submitted as they become available (but must be submitted by the application deadline).
The University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies establishes degree & GPA equivalencies for international degrees. Please consult the School of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements to determine your country of study's equivalency to the four-year bachelor's degree requirement and mid-B GPA requirement.
If your country of study is not noted on the SGS web site, a ruling on admissibility may be obtained through the MFAcc office.
English Language Proficiency
Proof of English Language Proficiency within the past 2 years is required for applicants:
- whose first language is not English,
- did not attend university in Canada and
- did not attend a university where English was the language of instruction and examination.
Proof of English language proficiency must be provided by satisfactory performance. Minimums for the following standardized tests are:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) [Institution Code - 4306]
Internet based: Total: 100, Writing: 22, Speaking: 22
Paper based: TOEFL: 600 & TWE: 5.0